Submitted by Dru Oja Jay on
The Peasant Food Web vs. the Industrial Food Chain
(Read the news release about the report launch.)
Who Will Feed Us, now in its third edition, compares the industrial food system with peasant farming. Industrial farming gets all the attention (and most of the land). It accounts for more than 80% of the fossil fuel emissions and uses over 70% of the water supply used in agriculture, but it actually produces only about 30% of the world's food.
This beautifully illustrated report reveals:
• Who produces more food per hectare
• Who will conserve our aquatic harvest?
• Who will protect our forest foods
• Who can reduce agriculture’s GHG emissions
...and much more.
• Download Who Will Feed Us — Third Edition (English, PDF, 1.4MB)