Start: As soon as possible
Location: Mix of Remote Work and presence in Val David office (Candidate must be within reach of Val David, Quebec, Canada)
Duration: This contract is for 3 months, with possibility of renewal
Hours: 21 hours per week
ETC Group is an international civil society organisation that monitors the impact of emerging technologies and corporate strategies on biodiversity, agriculture and human rights. We operate at the global policy level. We work closely with partner civil society organisations (CSOs) and social movements, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are a small staff team (16 people) with offices in Val-David (Laurentians); Mexico City, Mexico; and Davao City, Philippines. We also have other international colleagues working from Montreal, the UK, India and Argentina. Despite the distance between us, we work closely together, communicating via e-mail, telephone, teleconference and travel. For details of the work of ETC Group, please consult our website.
This position concerns the provision of administrative support to the Finance and Administration Manager and the Management Committee for 21 hours a week. The successful candidate, while working under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager based in Hudson, QC will work as a part of an international team and participate in the wider work of ETC Group taking on different responsibilities and duties.
- Support the Financial and Administrative manager in the day-to-day operations;
- Assist in managing and responding to electronic and mail correspondences;
- Help in creating an efficient filing system and procedures and keep systems and procedures in order;
- Assist the Management Team (international team) when requested;
- Assist in follow-up of grant agreements and projects when necessary;
- Assist occasionally in editing and correcting documents related to administrative and finance matters;
- Make travel arrangements and help manage communications related to schedule, logistical and financial details, requested documents and information with events organizers and participants to support program staff; and
- Help plan and provide logistical support for ETC Group meetings and events.
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience related to administrative and financial support work
- Understanding of non-profit structure and functioning
- Ability to communicate well in English, both orally and in writing
- Good knowledge of standard office software (eg Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel) and quick learner for IT tools
- Great organization skills and be attentive to detail
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual international team
- Good team-player, and demonstrate strong initiative and flexibility as well as a good sense of humor
- Able to commit to a fixed schedule
- Able to go to ETC Group’s office in Val-David, QC at least once a week
- System creation enthusiast
- Ability to write or undertake translations between French and English would also be an asset but not essential.
Salary: CAD$24 per hour. Monthly invoices to be submitted.
To apply: Please submit a letter and CV via email only to Amelie Lévesque, ETC Group at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title “Part-time Administrative Assistant” in the subject line when responding.
Deadline for application: July 31th 2022 at Midnight (EST)